During the business start-up, you should seek the counsel of an attorney, accountant, banker, and other professionals as needed. Business Start Up Attorney Clarksville offers excellent info on this. The professional you choose, to work with you, should be familiar with the business. Below is a list of services provided by professional assistance:
1) Accountants: An accountant helps you with the bookkeeping. The accountant can advise you on leasing or buying business equipment, as well as help with tax preparations. You should also ask the accountant to review the Business Plan.
2) Attorneys: If you do not have a personal attorney, you should contact your local Bar Association for an attorney referral. The attorney can help you with signing contracts and selecting the right form for your business — sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, LLC or LLP. Should you choose to incorporate the business, the attorney can file the necessary legal papers. The attorney can also help with any zoning problems.
3) Bankers: You should shop around when selecting a bank. It is important to find a bank that will allow you to make night deposits. Bankers can help you set up the business checking, savings, and money market accounts, and assist with business licenses or corporation certificates. You also need to contact your banker when seeking a loan for the business.
4) Federal government agencies: There are many government agencies that will give you advice on how to successfully start your business. The Small Business Administration will provide you with literature and pamphlets on operating a small business.
5) State/local government: Contact the state and local government for information on zoning ordinance and license for the business.