Acne is a common skin disorder. It is also known as Acne Vulgaris, meaning ‘common acne.’ It is often seen in puberty and extends to adulthood. Most people recover from acne, although others are left with acne scars. There are various forms of acne, such as nodulocystic acne or cystic acne.
The main regions of the body affected by acne are neck and chest. For the treatment of acne and its symptoms, you can visit a dermatologist. There are different grading scales available to determine the severity of acne. These are very helpful in determining the cure for acne. The grading scales are Pillsbury scale, Cook’s Acne grading scale and Leeds acne grading technique.
The exact causes of Acne are still unknown, with several related factors causing acne. Learn more about this at Paradise Valley Dermatology-Acne Treatment
- Making use of greasing cosmetics
- Hormone changes
- Stress including emotional stress
- Clogging of skin pores
- Hygiene shortages
- Drug intake, such as steroids, lithium or antidepressants
- Sebum overproduction through the sebaceous glands
- Pollutant and/or industrial pollution
- Individuals with a family history of acne are more vulnerable to acne
Symptoms of Acne:
A short summary of the information on Acne’s physical symptoms is listed below:
- Clean, rosy, itchy skin
- Large, firm lumps underneath the skin
- Milia Whiteheads
- Yellowish lumps filled with pus on the skin surface
- Cysts in
- Abnormal redness and facial pain
Acne prevention tips are as set out below:
Below are some useful tips for acne prevention or for acne care.
- Drink lots of water
- Wash your hands and clean your face regularly / properly
- Eat a healthy diet. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet
- Don’t pinch the pimples
- Use gentle skin cleansers and avoid abrasive skin products
- Do not eat unhealthy sticky foods, chocolate and coffee
- Avoid excessive skin scrubbing, irritating the skin and causing pore clogging and aggravating the acne problem
- Regular exercises, yoga and meditation help control stress that helps in treating acne
There are various forms of treatments available for treating acne. These are as follows:
Personal acne remedies:
- Orange Peel: Apply powdered orange peel to the affected area mixed with water for a few days
- Fenugreek: spread the leaves of fenugreek paste over the face before going to bed and keep it overnight.
- Cinnamon powder mixed in honey: add the cinnamon powder mixed in honey to the infected region before going to bed. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning with warm water. Repeat every two weeks.
- Lemon juice: Use lemon juice on the affected region everyday
- Grenade skin: Add roasted and powdered grenade skin mixed with lime juice to the affected region
- Tomato: apply acne tomatoes, keep them for an hour and wash them
There are many medicines and products available on the Acne treatment market. While considering the best products for acne treatment, select the product based on its customer feedback, safety and quality of the ingredients used in it. A long-term solution to the acne problem can be sought by opting for a combination of therapies.
To find the best acne treatment we need to consider factors such as type of acne, type of skin i.e. oily or dry, family history of acne problem and acne severity.